AUTHOR: Samuel Hinson, Drummond Leader for Cybersecurity Services
Did you know some organizations were at higher risk of being targeted by hackers during the COVID-19 pandemic? There isn’t much that will stop hackers or slow down the frequency of attacks—and they will always try to take advantage of your new processes.
According to the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), key areas of concern included the increased use of robotics and remote processes driven in part by the pandemic as more and more employees started to work from home. Quickly evolving work-from-home environments created new security vulnerabilities which are made worse by a lack of qualified personnel to protect highly technical systems in all business sectors.
Drummond understands every organization has unique technical environments, operational challenges, and varying levels of cybersecurity program maturity. To address this, we help organizations protect what matters most with our Penetration Testing service. Our multi-layered approach helps you identify the threats in your systems and can measure potential vulnerabilities so you can work to shore up your defenses.
There is no shortage of reasons to conduct regular security checks, including penetration testing. Here are 10 of the most common reasons organizations like yours conduct frequent Penetration Testing to protect your systems, data, and business:
- Uncover major vulnerabilities and prioritize your vulnerabilities into low, medium and high risks.
- Provide your security team with real-time experience in how attack vectors impact the organization and educate them on the corresponding operational and business functions impacts.
- Guard against future attacks by validating the effectiveness of recent implementation of updated security controls
- Assess the effectiveness of existing security technologies and personnel
- Protect your company’s most critical data (ePHI, Cardholder data, PII, intellectual property, customer data, etc.)
- Help your organization align with industry security standards such as PCI DSS, HIPAA, GDPR, ISO, NCUA, and FFEIC
- Reduce the risk of costly remediation and network downtime.
- Strengthen customer trust, loyalty and confidence by publishing positive results of penetration tests or by simply letting them know that frequent penetration testing is part of our security processes.
- Use real-time testing to evaluate your readiness and develop new processes to help mitigate cyber threats.
- Show how exploitation of low-risk vulnerabilities could eventually lead to significant damage to the organization.
Penetration testing is no longer just a “nice-to-have” process, it’s essential to protect your business operations. Hackers are getting smarter and braver, and attacks happen more frequently. The trusted Drummond team of experts can help you get started on the road to increased confidence in your security. Contact a Drummond representative today.
Protect What Matters Most
penetration and vulnerability testing techniques and
adhere to industry-accepted testing methods.
We help you stay ahead of threats, including ransomware attacks and email phishing against connected medical devices, by helping you evaluate and address potential risks. In the end you will have a detailed report outlining any vulnerabilities identified with recommendations on how to better defend the systems. Learn how our penetration testing services can help your organization, schedule a session with our cybersecurity experts today to get started.