Global Data Synchronization Network (GDSN)
Drummond Group is the official certification testing authority for GDSN.
The Global Data Synchronisation Network (GDSN) includes a network of interoperable data pools and the GS1 Global Registry, a registry for communicating master data (Catalogue Item and Party) between trading partners. All Data Pools within GDSN are required to undergo GDSN Interoperability testing. In June 2022, GS1 mandated that GDSN Data Pools are now required to use a Drummond Certified AS2 solution. GDSN data pools that develop their own AS2 solutions must certify their AS2 product with Drummond by participating in an AS2 test event every two years to maintain their AS2 certification.
GS1 Global Registry FAQ
- Learn the early needs of the sponsoring user communities and get market validation for your data pool
- Debug your data pool with leading competitors in a vendor-neutral, low risk, “market simulated environment” so that you resolve problems before you provide data pool services to your customers
- Gain market acceptance and recognition for implementing new standards
- Drummond maintains the confidentiality of each participant’s progress during the testing process
- Drummond only interacts with the technical staff of the participating data pools on daily phone calls during the testing process (Sales and Marketing are only involved in related press releases subsequent to the completion of testing)
- Drummond creates a non-competitive, cooperative environment for data pools to successfully pass and complete testing
- Drummond only announces those data pools that have successfully passed the tests — i.e., Drummond Group does not make public those entities that have not succeeded in completing or passing tests.
- No one sees your actual products (i.e. not your competitors, not even Drummond)
- You choose how much you want to share with the group on specific code problems with your product
- All testing is done over the Internet from your controlled environment
- All discussions on problems and code adjustments are held via conference calls and email
- Other participants only see data exchanged (we provide the data for the test in concert with the participants)
- Sales and Marketing contacts are not allowed on the daily conference calls. Only approved technical contacts are allowed on the daily phone calls and email list serve.
- Drummond provides a neutral environment to ensure you and your competitors can work cooperatively together to ensure compliance/conformance and interoperability
- Drummond does not see or request your code at any time
- Drummond sees the test data and ensures the test results are accurately recorded
- Drummond will NOT publicly announce any entities who fail to pass the tests. Only those passing data pools are announced.
- Drummond resolves individual and group problems as they occur and makes every effort to ensure fair and speedy dispute resolution to keep the testing process moving